The Biblical Counselor is a resource for the benefit of students and parents. Equipped for handling a wide range of responsibilities and duties, Biblical counselors apply the Bible, God's Word, to problems and issues faced by individuals. God's Word can penetrate the hearts of people struggling under the weight of sin or difficulties brought about through suffering. Biblical counseling aims to realize vital life changes that address real-world issues; by this, lasting solutions are made to help those facing difficulties while transforming the inner person into one who is more pleasing to God.
What a Biblical Counseler Does:
- Counsels in truth that are rooted in God's word.
- Counsels encourage sanctification, making the person more "Christ-like."
- Offers counseling that bears the suffering of others
- Applies God's word of truth in all aspects of one's life
- Shares the word of God as it relates to the circumstances surrounding one's problems and needs
- Cares for God's people by pouring His life-altering word into their hurting or broken lives
- Utilizes the limitless power of God in reaching those in need
- Develops work plans for recovery and growth while restoring intimate fellowship with God
- Strengthens the people through the discovering of their worth in Jesus Christ
- It gives direction, hope, peace, and renewed joy through God's word—rather than masking one's problems, God's word goes to the heart of the individual's problems by addressing sin.